The rules of health insurance are regulated by the provisions of the Act of 27 August 2004 on financing healthcare services from public funds (Journal of Laws No. 164, item 1027, as amended).
Students are subject to compulsory health insurance and are entitled to receive medical care services free of charge in institutions that have concluded a contract for the provision of health care services with the Polish National Health Fund.
Students who are citizens of the Republic of Poland
The student benefits from the health insurance as a family member of an insured person:
- Until turning 26 – the obligation to register for health insurance rests with parents or legal guardians.
- Without age limitation, if the person has a severe disability degree certificate or another recognised as equal certificate – the obligation to register for health insurance rests with parents or legal guardians.
- Without age limitation, if a legal spouse is subject to compulsory health insurance – the obligation to register for health insurance rests with the legal spouse.
A student benefits from health insurance if they hold another title for health insurance, e.g. employment contract, contract of mandate.
The College shall registers to the health insurance a student who:
- Has turned 26 and is not otherwise liable for the compulsory health insurance.
- Under the age of 26 and not otherwise liable for the compulsory health insurance.
A student's obligation to have health insurance arises on the date of matriculation and submission of a declaration that they are not liable for health insurance due to any other entitlement, and expires on the date of graduation from higher education institution or removal from the list of students. A student is obliged to register family members for health insurance on the condition that they have no other title to health insurance.
During this period, the College pays the health insurance premium. Since 1 November 2009 the monthly premium rate is 46.80 PLN.
The student's entitlement to health care benefits expires 4 months after graduation from the studies or removal from the list of students. The date of graduation is the date of taking the diploma examination. In the case of a student who has completed the final year of studies and has not taken the diploma examination by the due date, the obligation to provide health insurance expires on 30 September.
The right to health care benefits for family members registered by the student for health insurance shall cease 30 days after the student's health insurance liability has expired.
The basis for registration of students and family members for health insurance by the College is the submission of an application for health insurance coverage to the Polish National Health Fund together with a photocopy of the student ID card.
Students registered for health insurance by the College are required to inform the College in the case of:
- The emergence of another title to compulsory health insurance arising, for example, from an employment contract.
- Changes to the data contained in the application.
- Changes to the status of a student.
The information must be forwarded to the Student Services Office as soon as the circumstances referred to above arise.
The proof of health insurance of a student registered by the College and the document confirming the payment of health insurance premiums is the ZUS RMUA form issued by the Accounting Department through the Dean's Office. The form can be obtained within 15 days after the end of the following month after which the premium has been paid.
Accident insurance and third-party liability insurance
Students may be covered by group accident insurance and third-party liability insurance offered by the College for a given academic year. Information about the conditions for joining the insurance is provided in the Virtual Student Services Office in the Ogłoszenia (Announcements) section at the beginning of each academic year.
We would like to remind you that students carrying out practical placement are required to hold an up-to-date accident insurance and third-party liability insurance.